Hi, and welcome to the forums if you'r new.
These forums are public and everyone is welcome. Don't hesitate to join in on discussions. Here's some guidelines for making the forum experience as pleasant as possible for everyone.
Try to avoid:
* Personal attacks. Debating isn't always pretty, and it shouldn't always be pretty, few things in life are entirely non-personal, but try to avoid personal attacks.
* Childish behaviour. Try to act civilized, don't aggravate or taunt people.
* Hi-Jacking. Respect the founder of the thread, don't intentionally bring it off-topic, and don't make it a billboard for your own agenda.
* Double-posting without good reason. Try to use the edit-function when possible. Try not to revive "dead" or unreplied topics without good reason. Having discussions with yourself at the expense of other topics will not be appreciated.
* Spamming. Excessive use of pictures or other material that seemingly serves to abuse the forums. It's not hard to make a hyperlink. Don't take "shortcuts" to gain more space and/or attention. Especially in threads that are not founded by yourself.
* Over-size signatures. Signatures should not exceed the typical size of a banner.
If you feel that a person is harassing, or otherwise making a problem in your thread, send me a PM, and I will do my best to help you with that.
If you feel offended in a way that was uncalled for, by a user, thread or post, please express this openly, or simply send a PM to a moderator or admin. Do this rather than to elevate the matter, and we will do our best to help you.
We also keep a policy that sort of makes every thread-founder a "moderator" in his own thread. Maybe not directly, but indirectly. This means that if you find a post, or a certain user, bothersome or harassing in a thread started by you, you can inform us, in public or send a PM, and will take care of it. For example: If it's your wish, a specific user will be unable to keep replying to your thread.
The forums will be moderated when needed rather than by default, and it will be done by a case-to-case standard. As stated above, we have guidelines rather than rules. Basically it means that you are free to do and say as you please, but if your intention is to start trouble, you will be dealt with accordingly. We will not tolerate repeated abuse, exploits, workarounds, or other actions that takes advantage of the hospitality, usually at the expense of other users (read: people).
If you have a problem with some of the guidelines, feel you got something useful to add, or other comments, feel free to send a PM, or express it in our "feedback" forum.