For anyone trying to separate the fact from the fiction, The Complete Guide to Climate Change is an indispensable resource. Taking you through the A to Z of the key scientific, geographical and socio-political issues involved in the study of the environment and the implications of mankind’s effect upon it, topics covered include:
- environmental Science – the Carbon Cycle and the "Greenhouse Gases"
- the impacts of climate change on life, land and sea
- mitigation strategies from carbon capture to carbon taxes
- the Kyoto Protocol and UNFCC
- renewable fuel sources, from wind to solar power.
Including guides to the latest scientific and governmental thinking on climate change, this book will tell you all you need to know about perhaps the biggest issue facing mankind today.