This is a 4 disc DVD box that I ripped in order to shrink it (original size was 17 GB). Now you can also choose which documentaries you want and which you want to skip. For more documentaries by John Pilger, as well as interviews and articles, please visit The ISA hub (see below).
also check out the DVD box from 2006, "Documentaries that changed the world":
**** Disc One ****
1.1 THE MEXICANS 
- Mexico - a country rich in oil resources but heavily influenced by the policies and politics of its near neighbour, the USA. In a country dominated by the thought that the revolution is only half over, is Mexico a potential Iran on American doorsteps?
1.2 STREET OF JOY 
- John Pilger investigates how product marketing techniques used in advertising are applied to politics, specifically the US Presidential campaign in the mid- 1970s. In doing so he uncovers the spin doctors at work and witnesses how they can make less-than deserving presidential candidates into frontrunners through reworking their public image.
1.3 PYRAMID LAKE IS DYING 
- Due to the damming and changing of the water flow from two lakes in the Nevada desert to accommodate white settlers, the Pyramid Lake Paiute reservation is on the verge of extinction. With Lake Winemucca already dead and Pyramid Lake dying, the Paiutes have to resort to legal remedies to survive.
**** Disc Two ****
2.1 A FARAWAY COUNTRY 
- John Pilger investigates the Czech Underground and interviews members of the group known as the Charter 77 Movement. Outlawed by the then-incumbent Government's oppressive regime, the Charter 77 activists were denounced as traitors and renegades.
2.2 DO YOU REMEMBER VIETNAM? 
- John Pilger was one of the last journalists to leave Vietnam at the end of the war. Three years later, he returned to examine the state of the country under the new regime.
2.3 VIETNAM: THE LAST BATTLE 
- Nearly twenty years after making his "Do You remember Vietnam?" documentary, and with the embargoes on that country lifted by President Clinton, Pilger returned to Vietnam to review those two decades. He investigates the scandal of cheap labour and the Hollywood-isation of the war.
**** Disc Three ****
3.1 THE TRUTH GAME 
- An examination of the propaganda and policy surrounding the nuclear arms race - from the initial nuclear detonations over Japan to the stockpiling of arms by world superpowers. It also looks at the way "official truth" is used to condition the public against the real facts of a nuclear war.
3.2 JAPAN BEHIND THE MASK 
- Denied a sense of nationalism since World War Two, Japanese society slowly re-established itself as a 'corporate society'. This documentary reports on the contrast between the popular image and stereotypes of Japan and the actuality of the lives of ordinary people who do not fit the image.
3.3 APARTHEID DID NOT DIE 
- Banned in the sixties by South Africa's oppressive apartheid regime, John Pilger returns to the country to examine the benefits of democracy. He interviews Nelson Mandela and tries to uncover to what extent the black majority has benefited under the new regime.
**** Disc Four ****
4.1 THE LAST DREAM: HEROES UNSUNG 
- First of a three-part documentary on the history of Australia's development over the last two centuries. This first show examines the plight of the Aborigines whose land was stolen by British settlers and who are still seeking justice.
4.2 THE LAST DREAM: SECRETS 
- An investigation into the massive racial inequalities in the Australian society between the native Aborigines and the whites. It also examines the massacre of thousands of its indigenous peoples.
4.3 THE LAST DREAM: OTHER PEOPLE'S WARS 
- This third and last part looks at the relationship Australians have with war, often engaging in conflicts that pose no threat to their country.
ISA = International Socialist Alliance
hub = network of users using a filesharing program called DC++.
Although torrent applications are more popular than ever, DC++ has some uniqe
features that makes it especially useful for filesharing. The live chat feature
offers discussion with people with the same interests.
The ISA hub is mainly concerned with these issues:
There are many gigabytes of unique documentaries, books and audio books available here.
We actively work to gather new and updated material from all over the web. Click on the username
here on Demonoid to see our other torrents.
These are the hub rules:
- No porn
- No racism
- English in mainchat
- Minimum of 5GB relevant material
From now on, every once in a while we will upload some of the material that is available in the hub here.
We don't have the bandwith to share everything here, but you are always welcome to visit us at
enter.theISAhub.net (THIS IS NOT A WEB ADDRESS, IT'S A HUB ADDRESS; see further instructions in our first torrent
or send us a message)
Good luck, and keep seeding the torrents
/The administrators at International Socialist Alliance
Feb 26, 2008, 20:40:41
Number of files